Tuesday 15 October 2013

Classroom ethos

Through my experience in different schools and classrooms over the past 3 years I have seen classroom ethos that is very different, and some very interesting. As well as the classrooms I have visited I have also seen many school's ethos. I feel ethos is very important to both classrooms and to schools and it ensures that all children are aware of the boundaries and the beliefs of the teacher and the school.

As a trainee PE teacher it is very challenging to get a particular 'classroom' ethos as there are many different environments in which I will be expected to teach. However, I now feel that I have seen enough to have my own opinion on what I believe my ethos to be. I would like to think that I can challenge each individual whether that be their health, physically, socially or cognitively. I feel that PE offers a way to educate the whole child, however, I also deem it vital that the students are made aware of the progress they've made.

As a teacher I want to be an approachable person where children feel safe in my lessons and respect myself and others. I will also bring my sense of humour to every lesson as this, I feel, is essential in allowing children to enjoy my lessons and education as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment